Sunday, October 27, 2013

The last blog of many.


I was out running yesterday day thinking about life in general and I got a beam of sun through the trees. This really was an interesting sight. It was falling leaves, barren branches, green grass, and frost on the ground, I could see my breath, and the sun was warm, all seasons at once. I could hardly see. It was beautiful and also sort of dangerous. I had to turn around for a minute to adjust my eyes, the park looks just gorgeous this time of year. I turned back into the blinding confusing light run my course home, because I needed to go there, home. It would have just been easier to run away from the light but that's not my style.

  I am back to running around like my crazy self. I am working out, and running again. I am back at it. I haven't been blogging because I haven't had anything to say. I have been thinking. I don't have a future really planned right now for a race, even though previous plans stated otherwise. I am becoming a fly by night runner, always trained signing up at the last moment.... I am not injured, and I am sure as hell not quitting.

 I am one pound from my original goal weight of 155. This could happen tomorrow morning. It could happen next week, it may never happen. I may go right past it. I know balloons aren't going to fall from the sky. In fact, I am kinda sad. it's been 4 and a half years.

things I learned from this:
1 Being honest will change your life.
2 If your are uncomfortable with yourself you have no excuse not to try, it's more awkward for everyone else when you won't try things because you feel inadequate.
3 laugh
4 smile no matter what
5 if you are sad you shouldn't eat.
6 if you are scared, anxious, angry, don't eat.
7 food is not a pacifier.
8 fast foot will kill you.
9 human spirit is amazing.
10 consistency is so important. I maintained several times it was so frustrating!
11 any chubby kid can become a marathon runner if they want.

This is my last blog. I am going to leave this up for any one who wants to read my misspelled rants, it was a party the whole way through. Even if only a handful read it I have felt really loved and supported through everything, thank you, I love you.

I do, Love you guys.

1 comment:

  1. You are truly an inspiration to me and I am sure so many others. Following your journey on here is just awesome. I have been making excuses for why I can't try too, but they are just that, excuses. I think you hit it right on with #1. "Being honest will change your life" If I'm honest with myself I'll see the only one making the decision not to be healthy is me. I like to blame it on my job, "but I'm hungry" or "I don't have time". You transformed yourself even while having a job and young children! There may never me a more difficult time in your life to find the time to do anything other than take care of them. Your brutal honesty got you started, and in that you dug deep and found unwavering determination and willpower to carry you through the pain and sacrifice. You are amazing, and make me want to be amazing. You've made me cry, and made me laugh until I had to walk away to calm down enough to keep reading. Thank you for sharing your journey. I will miss reading about yours, but it's time to start my own.

    ReplyDelete