Thursday, August 23, 2012

Reassesment.

So today I had my life insurance physical for the second time. The first time Jude was roughly 6 weeks -2 months old and I weighed 250ish(mind you not my all time high). The findings of this first visit showed me I wasn't as healthy as I thought, and my blood pressure was elevated. I had to sign an addendum stating that if I lost weight I could pay less.
I have to say this first visit saved my life. I couldn't bear the though being the one to cause less time with my beautiful kids by dying a preventable death. The night I got the news I went for a walk.

Now for three years I have maintained this extra payment partially because I have been too busy to deal with it and the other part, I'm just not quite done yet. 155 still is not in my grasp. I still am trying for the 150's.  But I gotta stop paying so much for something if I can help it, so the insurance person came today.
It was fun to watch her very careful take my blood pressure over and over. "Does your blood pressure usually run low?"  I smile tell her I am training for a marathon and ask just how low. 78/42. I got this stupid smile on my face as I watched her face go from worried to just simple whatever your a nutcase. I continue with the grin. She took my blood and my pee and packed it up in her tacky suitcase and left.
I will hear soon if they are happy with me. 5'6" 166lbs today. I thought I was 5'5" but she used a tape measure. Its all very strange feelings for me.


1 comment: