Saturday, July 27, 2013

A royal pain in the.... head.

So a few 2 weeks ago I did 14.5 miles. It was a hot day. Nothing seemed right, I felt tired and mother nature was having her way with me. It got done, it was ugly. By Monday I started to feel kinda weird, after lunch I got dizzy. Then nauseated. By the time my coworkers took me home it was the worst headache. I laid down on my bed. I did not moved, eat or drink for almost 24 hours. This bought me a stay in hospital infact, I lost a few days, i really don't remember too much. I didn't/couldn't eat, was probably dehydrated, and my headache was a migraine. I got an MRI of the brain, I was told the plumbing was fine, and was given medicine for it.  I made it back to work by Friday. You better believe I was wanting to know if running made this happen, I was worried it did. And I am terrified that would come back, I really want to know if there is anyway to know what causes them. Really there is no way to know until they happen more, a touch and feel sort of thing. Because there is not a  cause that medicine is aware of, but you can do things to provoke them. I took the next weekend easy. I ran/walked 2 miles with my dog. I was so afraid it was going to come back. Its long gone and I feel totally normal. It's just weird how that happens.
 I thought for the longest time the term migraine was baloney, nope its a whole different zip code of pain. I am have been gansta style humbled.

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow, I didn't know it could get THAT bad. I haven't had a migraine for years, but the last one was so bad I asked my husband to wake me throughout the night because I thought I was dying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, they do! I never slept until they gave me medicine. I laid there awake just had my eyes closed. Couldn't do anything. HORRIBLE>. Not wanting that anytime soon!!!

    ReplyDelete