Friday, May 28, 2010

The first blog of many

Welcome to the blog that probably nobody will read. I have started A long, tough road about a year ago. I weighed 298 the day I delievered my son. I started really excercising and dieting june 2009. Now its memorial day weekend 2010. I weigh honestly 201.4. I have lost a lot, a lot of inches last time we checked about a month ago it was over 60 inches. I saw a dietician when I plateaued this winter and she gave me an ideal wt of 155.
I get to the gym at night when my kids are either asleep or daddy is home to watch them. I work every weekend to eliminate daycare cost, my kids are 1 and 3, and to be with them as much as I can. So usually I can't get to the gym on weekends, but I sometimes run on saturdays.
This year has been hard, filled with obstacles. Mostly from myself feeling insecure, inept, large, you name it. I am now more than half way and I know I can do it.
My short term goal: weigh 198 by june 6th my 30th birthday. also running my first 5k the day before.
My long term goal: reach 155 and run a 10k
my dream: run a marathon and finish alive!
Why running? being so large, fearing the end of my youth, I have come to realize I couln't do it. I don't like to be told not to do anything. While walking the track with the runners I wanted to keep up so bad, and couldn't. My soul wants to run. And I want to do something that seems out of reach that really all I have to do is overcome me. So I will run. I will continue to work out. I will get there.
little warning...I get easily annoyed at stupidity and will bitch frequently. I swear also. very sarcastic sometimes to cover up my insecurity too.

No comments:

Post a Comment