Wednesday, November 10, 2010

basement running

Last night I ran in my basement. Its nothing special, I didn't really go nuts even because I'm still recovering from feeling pretty yucky. My lungs are hanging in there though. I really got a get a poster or something in that basement I stared at a speck on the drywall. Um yeah not too exciting. It felt good to actually be moving. I realllllllllly miss running outside. I bought treads for my running shoes yesterday. Wishful thinking I will have some one to baby sit before its dark, but if I get a chance I am shooting out that damn door. I really like to be able to see the scenery move and its cool to be able to run anywhere on anything but I prefer god's treadmil.

Ok, disclaimer, this is lame *blush*. Recently Al Roacher and Merideth Vierra, and even Jarod from subway just ran the New York city Marathon. Watching them finish actually touched me to tears. I really want to do that someday. And then same day watching Hercules, with my son this song also chokes me up in the same respect:
I have often dreamed
Of a far of place
Where a great warm welcome
Will be waiting for me
Where the crowds will cheer
When they see my face
And a voice keeps saying
This is where I'm meant to be
I will find my way
I can go the distance
I'll be there someday
If I can be strong
I know every mile
Will be worth my while
I will go most anywhere to feel like I belong.....
(go the distance, Hercules Soundtrack)

Its silly. But so am I. Its my dream, and I'm going to do it someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment