Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Preparing to age

Welp. 33 cometh. Well not quite yet, it's like next week or something.... thursday to be exact. Lately it's been CRAYCRAY with my schedule. Since I have blogged last I have done a lot, for me at least. It seems like everyday it's crammed with crap to do until I hit the pillow. Errands out the yingyang, but also fun stuff too!

I went to a concert on a Tuesday night with my BFF. It was a birthday gift from hubs. When we decided we were going to the concert around Christmas time we were concentrating on the tickets, just obtaining them, we didn't realize it was a work night/school night. The concert itself was as awesome as I thought it would be, Fall Out Boy. I did, however, notice one thing. A large population of children attending, or at least to me what looks like children. Pssst.....I might be an "old Chick". What's good about being in my thirties as opposed to my 20's is: 1. I have more money. I was poor when I was that young, and 2. I don't give a rats ass what people think about me in that situation. I wear what I want, I dance when I want to, I am not afraid of having a good time. I don't have time for all that appearance scene, like me or don't, no skin off my nose. I must have been a little cranky by the time it was over and we were going home, I cussed out some guy in the parking lot, for disregarding my Vdubs. But, a great time was had by all. But it did make for some extra fatigue last week. Above is a picture. It was hoot. Thanks Hubbs!

Then on the weekend we went camping, a busy time for me, packing, going there, setting up, tearing down, getting home.... We had a great time though. Just being us Finks. It's so worth all the hassle to see their little smiles. I ended up not bringing my running shoes because I felt a little protest in my knee the day before we left and decided it was smarter to just rest. With no sports bra and no sneaks I would have to rest....a likely story until you try and "walk" skippy. I had a pair of old crapster sneaks that were smashed down on all fronts I used to run in. That darn dog has gravitational pull. It was only 20 minutes and I didn't hurt during but the same spot has been hurting me/complaining since.  Here's a picture of me the boys and Skippy dog.

I am still a little tired. Not sure if I am coming down with something or if I just need to sleep a lot more I got a little bit of clicky knee this week too. It could just be a flukey thing, sometimes I end up getting sick when this happens or I end up needing a rest. Not really sure wear that leaves Saturday, it's the  Darlington Derby, and it's my favorite race. I plan to go, but I don't plan to run until then, plans change..hopefully I rest up and it's a memory. I did get out the foam roller, I didn't miss that little torture device at all, but it's a necessary evil. And that perfume I have been wearing....that's Tiger Balm.
It's kinda funny I am not at all worried about 33. I told my friend recently, I am better in my thirties than I have ever been, I am just mad at myself for waiting so long to actually LIVE my life.
Tired? I can take it. :)

Onward.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun Saturday! I am racing too. I considered doing something I've never done before....showing up and just watching and cheering. I could stand in the shade with my Starbucks cup. It would be nice. But darned if I didn't find myself in Lloyd's tonight doing late registration.

    ReplyDelete