Monday, June 24, 2013

j u n e 2 4

So since my last blog I have been kinda quiet. Been busy with being sick, got the sexy laryngitis, both kids got it adding to the bonfire of my whining. So I apologize the world kept turning and I forgot to hold on. I got swept up with all this and forgot all about blogging, I get down and out and sometimes don't have anything to say.
During my brief minor discomfort with my family germs a really dear friend of mine passed away. Lately we hadn't seen each other, but kept in touch through social media. In fact the last time I heard her voice was on the phone about six months ago. A little bit on facebook just about everyday though.  She had been disabled for the past few years due to illness. She didn't sound very ill on the phone, in December even though she was, it was shocking to hear she had passed. That morning she had posed a kitten picture on facebook....just like that she was gone. She really was a sweet person, I worked with her in my first attempt to be a working(parttime) mother. She was patient with me, know there was a chunky little 8 month old at home I was spazing over. She loved to listen about stories about my kids, she always listened. Girlfriend was funny too, we were always snickering over something. She had a great laugh, loud and happy. Her favorite funnies- Can I Haz a cheezburger? cat pictures.  She knew all about style . She is the solitary one woman that I know that has owned and worn Dior mascara in electric blue, and don't get me started on purses, she just wrote the book. She would wear a fancy hat just to do it, because it looked good, you don't see that everyday She loved her grand kids. Any chance she got to talk about them she was doing it, and her face would just light up. She loved her work. She loved the residents at work she treated them like family. After I left to go elsewhere she would still message me when one of them died, just to make sure I knew.  I liked her, my friend, and she'll be missed. I don't think she got enough time.She took an interest to my running through facebook. She was around when I signed up for my first race and lost my first few pounds, there from the beginning. When I did get to speak with her on the phone she would ask about it, I never felt like I was pelting her with stories she didn't feel like hearing. She always made me feel so supported. She would tell me to run some for her too while I was at it...... I intend to.
I signed on for Erie last week. For the full distance. For me. But also for her too, she'll be with me. I don't really have super amounts of time of energy for this right now but I am going to make it happen. Life if short, unpredictable, and a gift.
The race is 9-15-13.
Onward.

1 comment: