Sunday, September 8, 2013

7 days to go


Why don't you run a marathon this year?
 I don't know, because it's just a lot from everyone.
 I know but you love this.
I do.
We'll make it work. Come on.
Ok. Twist my arm.


It was pretty much that easy to get me to sign up for Erie this summer, I wasn't going to. I was put up to this, a surely did not resist. Since that decision life has been water through the fingertips, slipping right through my fingertips. It's funny, because I am still deciding whether this was a good idea or not and it's almost over.
At this time next week I will already be on my way back home. It's less than a week away.
                               I am ready.
I often encounter people that say "I don't know how you do it" and this time I agree. I don't know either. My typical day is an early rise of 5, I get my self ready, I wake my kids and feed everyone, I pack 4 lunches, I have 3 dogs to deal with, I get my kids ready, then I drop one child off in one town, and one child in another and go to work. after work we do the same exact thing backwards, pick ups, go home, feed everyone, deal with animals, bath kids, dress for bed, unpack everything, and then THEN I exercise, and bed or just bed depending on the child care situation. Weekends are more fun and laid back when I do my distance training, and I do cleaning and fun stuff with the family, and buy more food units to consume. I don't watch tv because I sit down and fall asleep. I am not complaining that's just life right now. I will keep the pattern too once the race is over and the rest is done.
  But I do think this may be the last long distance race I do for a while. Kids just keep growing, it's their time to be kids. I will have 2 soccer players this year. I plan to run the shit out of this race, I am not going to be singing any should of could of would of's. This will be the one I lay it all out there.  I have felt tired and "over it" for a few weeks now, the one thing that keeps me going is that those kids are going to be there this year for the first time, and some day maybe, just maybe they will think their old mom was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment