Saturday, September 21, 2013

reorganization

So this week I mentioned I did not take a day off. ERH MEH GERD. After the race, walked to the car, washed at the hotel went home and went to my bed. I didn't really sleep I just laid there. My mom made us dinner at my house and I ate stuffed peppers and mashed potatoes in my bed, and watched transformers with my guys. Before I knew it, it was time for work. Nothing fit. All of my clothes felt too tight. I just put on my ugliest set of scrubs and resigned to I.D.G.R.A and at least I was going. It's all part of the race I think. Can you run a marathon, walk to the car, and then the next day do your life as normal? Yes, yes I can but I felt like garbage. I have really slid through this week by the grace of god where it comes to just keeping up with life. I was fortunate to be at a desk this week and I felt relaxed and ready to do my job, but the rest-er forget it. It's all been like leadshoes have been on my legs. Cleaning, nope. Shopping, nope. All I could do to help the shorties with dressing and doing homework. It really had been a test on my mental strength, I am just tired now not sore at all. I am feeling much better now, almost like I am ready to hit the gym but I am going to stay out a few more days. No running for 20 more days. I am resting from running 26 days. I have lost 5 lbs this week, sure to be fluid retention from the race, my legs are still feel a little puffy. Clothing is starting to fit better, not quite there yet. My face swelled a little this time too, odd.

This weekend is dedicated to damage control, I get caught up around here. I am calling my girlfriends too, it has been too long.

onward...soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment