Tuesday, September 3, 2013

22tude

Well I am doing just fine.
I did my 22miler that I very much doubted I should do. I went at a slower pace and from 15 on I stayed on the flat walking track and off the road and trails, I did it. I was in fantastic mood. Finally I feel  ready to marathon. Legs feel great.
Yeh, I was in a fantastic mood. Has something happened since then? No, not really. I am just starting my 2 week taper countdown and already I am becoming the little taco bell dog that bites people the try to pet it. I am not exactly sure why. I am still smiling, I am still civil, but my inner monologue is getting dark and sarcastic.

Same girl just tired and a wee bit more salty than normal....
           Today at the grocery store I wanted to get apples. A lovely lady with an adorable child where taking up the whole isle with a giant race car cart and they completely ignored my need for apples. I crop dusted them in cold blood. Mind you I am burning off some putrid fumes from Sunday, it would make a skunk's eye water. I am sorry, mom and child, that was me. That's really unlike me, I mean, yes it's like me to fart but, that was evil intent. I am also sorry for laughing too when you checked your child's diaper for poop.

 Taper has started with it's usual 'tude. Disclaimer: contents of package my be too hot to handle!

Big deep breaths, clamp down on tongue, maybe even cork both ends.
onward.




No comments:

Post a Comment