Thursday, April 26, 2012

that's a bunch of meatless bologna


I finally went in for a gastroenterology appointment regarding my tummy issues. Did I mention I am now a vegetarian? I am starting to miss meat. It's been about a month when I see people eating meat, even the kids chicken nuggets I am getting irritated I can't have a bite. I have been eating bean patties, veggie dogs, and I even stooped to buying meatless bologna. I haven't tried the bologna yet, I am going to need to be really hungry and triple dog dared. It's super inconvient to eat veggie when I am working full time right now too.This girl likes her some meat I guess I'll have to deal with this crap and continue to pursue medical help.
 So I called them and got in to see a PA. My scan came back normal even though it made me sick, the directions I received was to see a surgeon. I went to the GI people because I really don't want to take this out if I have normal testing. So the verdict after my long talk with a PA...we are going to ram a camera up my ass and down my throat.... hopefully not in that order. I was given the option to just bypass that and go see a surgeon because he is thinking I present like someone that needs a gallbladder removed even with a normal scan. He understands my need to check everything. I am an irritating patient I am sure , he had to sit the the whole 'but I'm so healthy I don't understand why this is a problem' speech/whine.
The prep for that is awesome. It's like you drink a bottle of mag citrate and then the next step is to drink GOLytely. I like to call this the understatement of the century. In the hospital when I have a patient prepping with this stuff you just bring them a bedside commode and a roll of tp because they will never make it in time. OH YEAH can't wait, pooping with the force of a power washer. Then I have to get up at 3am and drink more, I could just sleep sitting up on the can. I will have an awesome grody blog follow up after that.
This is really getting to be upsetting I wish this would all blow over soon. The PA I saw today told me I could go to a surgeon directly and they would take it out. I just really don't want to do that if I can help it.

4 comments:

  1. I am all about not having unnecessary work done but given the choice between surgery and the alternative...I might take surgery.

    So you're vegetarian by doctor's orders? It's easy for me but that's almost 30 years of experience talking. Plus I don't have to please anyone but myself and have time to cook. Not quite as simple when I was feeding a meat-eating family.

    You don't need to be afraid of the bologna. Most meat substitute items taste exactly the same. Not exactly the same as meat, exactly the same as each other. Which is one of the reasons I don't buy them.

    How about one of the basic vegetarian cookbooks, there's one for college students for instance. Not saying you can't handle anything more complicated, but I figure between work, kids, feeding separate meals to the family etc. that you don't have time for anything gourmet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - don't fear the bologna - I'm not vegetarian, because I love meat too much, but if I could then I would because I am also a super animal lover... anyway - back to the bologna - I've bought it and it's good. Ok, not roll it up and dip in mustard good, but slap it between two slices of bread and whatever condiments you like and you'd never know the difference - just like the hotdogs... Oh, if you haven't tried them, you should TOTALLY try the morning star corn dogs - delish! Anyway, on a serious note - hang in there. You are healthy and I'm sorry you're having to go through this crap (literally)... When you get well and I know you will, you will have to go out for an extra large steak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no not doctor orders this is trial and error. eat meat get sick. drink milk get nauseated and so forth...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm WAY overdue for a colonoscopy. Hey, we should go together! ;) 3 surgeries to remove precancerous polyps when I was a kid. Last time, 20 more. I despise the prep more than anything. My ass always feels like I've been pooping razor blades.

    I've told you this before, but I still have a shit-ton of issues even after having my gallbladder taken out. Boo-hiss.

    ReplyDelete