Saturday, February 9, 2013

in honor of my fellow crazies.

In the winter, unless there is a huge block of ice blocking the door and it's under 12 degrees every Saturday or Sunday I can permitting schedule, children, and health I am going outdoors to run. Understand that just because most people don't do that doesn't mean there isn't the handful of psychos that ENJOY that. That being said we know it's dangerous. We fall on our tenders, we bleed, we have the worlds worst chapped lips, but we still show up.  I am rolling my eyes by the usual response of you're a crazy girl! Also pretty irritated by the lack of attention the motorists in my area. I realize it's not what most do but in order to not break something important you have to run on the side of the road sometimes people scare the crap out of you. I wear reflective crap. I don't wear my tunes. I run opposite of traffic, I stay alert, and usually I run in a place that is a community park, posted speed limit of 25.  I have had to jump into a ditch more than once in my running career. Today was no different, and there was a policeman handing out tickets too. I thank local law enforcement for sitting out Saturday morning in the cold, I feel protected. As for the j-holes that got a ticket today around 9am, I hope it was expensive enough to make you remember you endangered my life and the lives of the others using the park, including a crap-load of boy scouts camping out.
Please observe the speed limit and stay off your phone, you may save a runner, a walker, a cyclist or a child. If you don't then remember Karma waits for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment