Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 11, 2012

So I finally took my measurements, in the last month I have lost 4 inches. I am weighing in at 172.8. That's 31 since November, and 18 until the goal.
I have slowed down my progress lately. Some things on purpose, going to stuff and allowing treats and such. Sometimes, I haven't been able to help it, I have been working out hard I get sore and puffy. I am excited it's coming off I can wait forever if it continues to come off, and stay off.
I was going to race this weekend with a new friend and Thursday night my knee wouldn't take any more of my abuse. It really didn't hurt but it was telling me it needed a break. I am sure I could have raced and then had to sit the whole running season on the bench with some weird knee injury. So today is day three of no exercise just my normal running around at work. I needed a little rest I was sore to the gills this week, I am stubborn I will keep going until I fall apart. Even my hair hurt at one point this week. So this is me being conservative. Tomorrow I test out my knee at the gym, if there is more soreness I am going to be cautious and still keep resting even if I don't want to. If the knee is okay I am going to do a light week because I have a race Saturday!
Personally I'm a little tense about stuff. I really hope I am no truly injured I have no other way to deal with it besides hold my breath. Tomorrow nights the big meeting at the school about the proposed all day kindergarten. Meaning my baby is gone all day one year sooner than planned. If this happens he will be gone from 9-4 everyday. I have been getting depressed for a couple weeks and really have been pounding the gym. I've also been a little quiet, I am dealing with the mom stuff. I'm sad. I am torn too, is it time to go back to work? I kinda want to and I hate myself for it...thus the silence lately. I'm just bummed. Hoping the answers become clear and I accept the change and start smiling again.
So hoping and praying for peace and a rested body in sound condition.

Ben Folds Five, Magic
I'm bummed, I am wallowing pretty bummer music.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Mandy, I needed this today...I am so motivated like you, but have worked myself a little too hard in the last few weeks and every joint aches...maybe my hair too : ) I just need to relax and let my body have rest! I was totally freaked this summer about my little girl going to all day kindergarten. I was depressed and hormonal from being pregnant and I honestly didn't think I'd make it. I thought about making her do a 5 year old program at a pre-k....but, guess what? she went, she loves it, and I get to spend quality time with my other two during the day and not to mention getting to work out more often. It's really hard to let go and some days can be hard to see them off, but when you see how happy they are at school and how proud your little guy will be when he shows you something he's learned...you'll be ok and you might even enjoy some rest time : )

    Carli

    ReplyDelete