Thursday, March 22, 2012

New-old shirt

So Fink house is teeming with germs. This week we have horrible baby virus that is contagious. YIPPEE>! The little one is just getting over day 6 of midget plague and now the older one has a high fever. I am stressed, I feel defeated. Changing things up at work really it's the first couple weeks of this and we hit a snag already. This is not stopping us, nothing worth it is ever easy. I am not complaining, well maybe a little but, sometimes this can't be helped, I have come a long way baby in a year, I am not panicking I am dealing. Now as I smell my puppy just ate a perfume sample at my feet, I decided not write about my house anymore we shall talk about my shirt.
The shirt- it's brand new, but it's a couple years old. I'll explain. When I started shopping for running shoes in the beginning of fitness a shirt caught my eye, at lady foot locker. I wanted it, but it only came in a lady's XL. It'd a baby tee with cap sleeves. It says "EVERY DAMN DAY Just Do It." It has a nike swoosh on it. I asked the clerk if they made any bigger sizes, she told me to try the mens department. In the nicest way possible I didn't leave that store upset, just dreaming of the day I could buy it. I had lost more weight by the end of the season, and when it was on sale, I bought it. I got it home and tried it on it fit, but it was tight (like it should be). I just didn't feel comfortable wearing it in public. I put it in a drawer and fell happy to own it, because after all, it DID fit me after all. Over the last year I have attempted to put it on a couple times and always take it off because I feel shy or lumpy.
Last night I wore this to the gym.I confess to never wearing it. I am still not all the way done yet 16 more to go. But I will say it was cool to feel okay wearing something that has been in my drawers for awhile that is brand new. I think it is 2 years old.

1 comment:

  1. Look at you - AWESOME job girlfriend! Keep it up! You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete