Sunday, March 4, 2012

Girls Night 2012

Well I don't know what the scale has to say today so I didn't hop on it. This week I hit 173.4 lbs.

 I got the chance to go out with my girls and get all dressed up at a formal fund raiser and I went! I had to miss half of it because I had to work but I am so glad I made the effort. I took all my stuff with me to work and stopped at my moms house to change and she fixed my hair at the speed of a NASCAR pit stop. And she really did do a great job, it's a good thing she's looking out for me I'm not hair challenged but I am not talented like her.
When I got there it was a little weird. It wasn't THAT long since my friends and I had seen each other but I had to walk up to every single one and start talking before they recognized me. And my bff knew what I was going to be wearing because I text-ed her a dressing room picture of the selection I made and she still had to look at me twice. Flattering. Off putting.
We danced and drank. I wish it would have been a little longer. Afterward we went out for food because I just didn't want to go home yet. I ate like livestock.
This morning I got up at the regular time and got the "push" out the door from hubbs. "you go run". Oh sure can't turn it down, I'm going I'm going.... but I am full of poop and I had a couple drinks so I am not feeling super fantastic. My goodness I mean exactly 2, alcohol and I aren't friends. I ended up flopping my big food baby belly around the track, flat course at an easy pace for 5 miles. I would have been faster if I had not eaten so much and had little amounts of sleep. But it was nice to be outdoors so I kept on until I started thinking about the level of chill in the air and possibility of having to poop in the porta-john and I went home!
 I didn't realize I was at over dose levels of sweat pants. Some times you just need a break from all that and play dress up with your friends. Sisterly bonding is important and so is feeling pretty.
It's kind of turned into a yearly event to have girls night now. We all have kids and or super busy schedules so unfortunately that's when we finally get time for each other. The last time we went out was pretty much exactly one year!
To recap last year we dressed up and went out. Some punk yelled after us in the parking lot on the way home, "yeah if you aren't that sexy just wear sweat pants or stay home". I was offended. I felt helpless to admit that at the time because I was frustrated with my progress and mad at myself.  But it really hurt.The above picture is from girls night 2011.



This year I am 30lbs lighter. It was a lot more formal than last year and it was so much fun. I am wearing a spray tan. It's only 25 dollars worth of good looking though, exibit A check the foot pic. When doing the spray tan, don't forget between your toes!!!! It's been 14 years since high school, it was nice to scoot around the dance floor like a teenager and actually not be tired when the parties over. I will never go back to the way I used to be, I want to stay young no matter how old I get.

I was in no way the best looking chick there, but I actually FELT pretty. Rare Victory.

1 comment:

  1. Awsome pics girl! So glad you girls got to be together and had such a great time out!!! You all look so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete