Thursday, July 26, 2012

see this computer...i'm using it!

I found myself just now standing in my kitchen for the first time in about 2 weeks were I was feeling a little relaxed and interested in finding something to do. The boys asked, mom can we go outside and play? Why yes sons you may, and you see this computer here, I'm going to blog on it, on the porch! Kinda like the swiffer commercial.
It's been a busy couple of weeks. The mileage was no sneeze in the running a 16 then a bum rush of pinkeye(kid 1) a nurse's bladder and then vacation bible-school and a busy and very confusing week at work then 18.7 and more pinkeye(kid 2) and then finally just see the waters start to get a little smoother. I did not take a 50% cutback like I normal do in between those distances to promote a little more rest because I have to work this weekend and there is no time for an 18miler. .I will find time for a 9er though someway. I expect to be stupid busy as usual,I also am hoping to make it to a cousins bachelorette party even just the pre-party to support the fun. My new job is a ton of work, I knew that taking it, still haven't figured out a perfect schedule for a work day yet. As soon as I can get geared to that home dynamic I think I will be able to handle more stuff. The running really should be the source of making everything more pressed for time but really I still feel it calms me down so I have more focus and patience, so the training stays.
 The weekend work thing is NOT a complaint! I am excited to say this is my first weekend since mid March, our family sure has been enjoying the together time as we grow as a group. I think I have changed for the better challenging my safe lifestyle. Now it's so much more complicated but everyone is happier, I didn't think any of this would happen. I couldn't see past my fears, I am so glad I took a chance. I love my family they are worth any uncertainty for myself as long as it guarantees them security.
How's my diet doing? well....I remain at 164-165. I am trying to maintain or loose the last 10, but I do have a 20 miler and a 22 miler before my taper, I am realistic I could gain a few I am going to try my hardest to not let that happen.  Still keeping a food diary I rarely finish it completely on work days because I have to do so much paper work I confess to eating a ton in the most recent weeks, I am STARVING. I don't know why I but sure have  the appetite of a lumberjack. So my main objective on days I don't have time to track my food all the way until bedtime is to beat back the lumberjack.

I need some help guys....I am trying to decide on making another marathon shirt if I should just be cool and not do it. Suggestions? And my playlist getting repetitious now that the runs are getting longer I will take some song add suggestions please!!!

my song suggestion for you this week: 
Lights, Ellie Goulding

1 comment:

  1. I wear my/your shirt all the time, so I'm totally in for another! :) Let me think up something super awesome for you.

    I no longer run (obviously) but plan to do so within the next 6 months (so I say every 6 months). Here are a few songs on my iPhone that I keep for running purposes. And because I heart them. Remember, I'm old and so are some of these songs. LOL

    *American Pie
    *Moon Rising
    *Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
    *Bang A Gong (Get It On)
    *The Bitch Is Back
    *Borderline
    *City of Blinding Lights
    *The Clapping Song (thanks to a commercial on TV!!)
    *Crazy Train
    *Good Vibrations
    *The House is Rockin'
    *Paradise By The Dashboard Lights
    *Relax

    ReplyDelete