Thursday, December 6, 2012

Checking in, holy craps its December 6th.

It's weird how life changes things. I think maybe, dare I say it, I am adjusting to being a mom at work. Maybe a little. Do I wish things were cleaner around here? Of course.(turns out that elf on the shelf doesn't earn it's keep at night.) Do I want more hours in the day? who doesn't. Have I found a stride? true. Probably time for more change, cause I am getting used to it, just saying that seems to be how it always happens.
I see some interesting stuff everyday. I really don't get  much time to talk about it though. I used to be a huge talker. In fact that is why I started this blog back in the day, I didn't want to be the annoying talky chick. I have become more appreciative of conversations that I do have because I spend so much time alone driving around for work, but I am learning to respect silence too. Some days I see 8 people and spend lots of time with just me and them when I get home I am too pooped to talk. A lot of the time, once I am home, get everyone fed and all my work done it's late and I have already started to dose off while finishing up. Thank goodness for social media, really I would never recognize some of my girls. Still going to the gym and working out when I can and running too, all very solitary stuff, and that silence used to bug me, now I think its cool, no body wants anything from me. Treasure the company or enjoy solitude, you can do both.  I dare I say I'm becoming quite possibly a little reserved. I don't know if that's a good thing.... note to self, schedule girls night.

I am so not ready for Christmas at all. I am not shopped at all, well like 15 minutes yesterday on my lunch break but other than that NOT at all. I don't know why I am so calm about it, this crap used to keep me up at night. I actually should be out in a store right now arguing with my 3 year old to behave but instead we are just chilling at home doing laundry and being lazy. I need to go shopping for house stuff too, today I had to use hotel shampoo samples. My hair is going to look like a hat if that happens 2 days in a row, I have sensitive follicles, very fussy. I am still just in this house really avoiding it. EH maybe later.

I have gotten in some pretty good workouts this week. Probably why I am so chilled out. I am seriously shopping for a marathon to enter and start training for soon, I think that is why I letting stuff roll over me more now. I need to get back on a schedule and working for a goal. I love routine, and hard work. Ready to start up again soon, hell I'm already doing 10 milers... okay.... just ready to commit then.


add a song? funny:   A Working Day, Ben Folds


 




No comments:

Post a Comment