Thursday, December 13, 2012

Seething petri dish

Update to last blog, I didn't want to whine so I didn't say anything about the fever I had last week. I didn't mention it, and or the next day running 7 miles with my Sis and Bro in law because they were in town and wanted to run with me. I knew I was doing something stupid, I did it any way. On Friday my oldest got sick and stayed sick until today, it's his first day back to school. Now since wednesday my youngest is sick. And today I sound a dying swan. I am completely hoarse. I can't talk at all and I have a slight fever. I knew better than to do that last week, let alone  I worked out hard 4 days last week and once or twice this week.  It's just too tempting when hubbs is in town because I don't have to bring the boys with me everywhere, it never happens except in December, and every fricken month 12 since I started working out I have been sick as hell. It also seems like at work every patient has 18 cats and smokes indoors I have been weezering more than normal even before I took to wounded animal voice .
 I really don't want to go to the doctors right now, for the reason  I don't want to admit I am an ass and wasn't taking care of myself. I will admit it here, I'm sick this time because I didn't give myself enough time to recover, and I am an ass. We runners play too hard sometimes.
 Time to shut up, rest, and dust of the nebulizer. I really don't like using it. I feel certain medications make me more hyper. The first time I ever got a neb it was at convenient care in walmart a few years ago I turned bright red, started shaking a little and felt like I could climb the walls like spiderman. I avoid those at all costs, they can't always be avoided. Also over the counter medications do that to me too, namely Sudafed. I am sick as a dog and suddenly my headache is gone and I want to go paint the house. So I guess it's good I can't really speak at all because I tend to blab on and on when on the phone to my poor friends.
I am grounded for a few days. I have to finish Christmas shopping but I am too tired. I also found out my nice suit is huge. I am going to have to force myself to shop, I need it next week for something interesting. If I don't it could prove dangerous, I could loose a skirt and everyone would go blind from the light of the moon. Not happening, good problem to have, imperfect timing of course. Anyone want to push me around in a stroller while I shop? Eh could be worse, I am actually in a pretty good mood.
So that's the view from here, germs, bedhead, sweats, dying swan, baggy clothes, and watching Toy Story for the 80 thousandth time with an even snottier set of tiny nostrils.

No comments:

Post a Comment