Friday, March 1, 2013

I am my own walking contradiction.

Well I said I didn't want to sign up for anything right now. Anyone who has read one or two posts knows I am full of shit. We I haven't signed up for any fall marathon yet so that much is true. But I am training for something now. I signed up for the Pittsburgh half marathon 5-5-13. An opportunity presented itself and I decided to do it. I feel lost right now. Still. My family is adjusting to mom the 9-5er. I think I am too but I just don't feel like me. I may be a little depressed about something, but I have no reason to be really. Things are good just feeling less graceful and a little more rough than usual.  I figure this race training will help that. Maybe kinda like a comfort. Even if I loathe crowded areas, and I didn't really want to do a city race, I think I feel a little better already. It's silly but stuff like this can have the same effect on me, as a toy would to a child. I have a weird passion and few share it with me, on this day I will be with shitloads of them running with me and I will fit right in instead of being an oddball like my normal day to day. I am getting mildly excited.

So little miss not training for anything right now has a huge city half marathon in 9 weeks and is starting to smile at being her own walking contradiction.

Tomorrow is 7 maybe 8 miler. I will remind yinzers this will be my first half marathon....I haven't one accomplished yet, only fulls.

onward!

4 comments:

  1. Running through the city of Pittsburgh is AMAZING. You will love it. It is a lot of runners though which is not ideal but still worth it.

    ReplyDelete