Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I feel my age

I got a little ambitious last week. ran 4 1/2 monday, wednesday same. then thursday did body combat. During the class I felt myself pull a muscle in my back/hip area. It was a new place for a pain. The next day was terrible and it ended up being an outing that was scheduled for 2 months with my old high school lunch table girl friends. One of who it was 15 years since the last time I saw her. I went but I wasn't feeling it. I wore heels because I suggested we all do it, I was already getting teased for suggesting we be girly. It really wasn't bad after I had stretched and had cocktail or too. Due to arrival time home at 3:30 and the kiddos need to wake me I got approximately 3 hours of sleep. I had to work the next day. How awful. Pain was terrible. I didn't run at all during the weekend for my "long" day. By the time I started to feel human again thank goodness Ryan was home on monday because of a holiday, I went to the track in the slush about 41 degrees not bad. But I was still all full of hangover and sorry, but also poop. Busy weekend at work with severe back pain and you'll hold it too. I ran one mile, decided i wanted something from the truck, realized I had lost my damn keys! So I did a lap 1mile around walking slower than I would looking down for my damn keys. I found them like right where I left the track to get to my truck. What is funny this is the same vehicle that has the keyless i got locked out before and it still doesnt work. So I ran the rest of 3 miles, aggravated. During that mile walk I was calculating how bad it would be to just dig into the highway and run home with my water. I am not sure how long it is probably 5 miles up hill. When I got done I came home didn't feel any better (mentally) but my back seemed to loosen up after my run. This morning its back to being tight but not painful. I plan a treadmill run tomorrow if I can get out, or the dreaded basement treadmill if I can't.
It is almost kind of funny how much going out with the girls affected me. I officially don't have time for that garbage. I didn't over indulge on cocktails either, which I used to do, I just cant handle the staying up late. If we ever go anywhere together again, I request an early departure, or maybe a different type of outing. I don't think I would say never ever but its going to be years before I feel the need to go along again. Not to mention being almost the oldest group there. You had the babies, then us then, the old and scarys. Some kid yelled to us while we were getting to the car "If you're not that sexy, where sweat pants next time k?" Little bastard. Probably there with a fake ID has no idea how good we all look, probably still doesnt eat veggies yet, or have his own place. I felt like I looked pretty, whether that was directed at me, I don't know but if it was, you know what you can do with yourself.
March 19th is my next 5k. I think if the back keeps staying stiff in the mornings I am going to just do the running thang until after. (with a touch of weights if i can force myself)After my next long day I am going to try the RLAM tip of the icebath. Its either the kids tub with bath toys and crayons or my beautiful big tub that needs cleaned out i have been using it for storage because manda likes a nice hot bath but doesnt get time.

Song: Hate On Me, Glee CAST

No comments:

Post a Comment