Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 15.

Well I had a pretty good week. I am banking a good wt loss of 4 lbs now since the start. I worked out tuesday, thursday friday and sunday.
Sunday I ran 7 miles outside. It was actually really fun. I did sustain acouple annoying injuries. I ripped open an old gouge/rubbmark from my sports bra, made it bleed. I have a blister on the arch of my left foot and my ankle/achilles aches on the left. I iced it and then i have wrap on for support today. I am taking it easy until it feels better. I HAVE to cause now I am thinking seriously about a Half Marathon. I am up to 7 on my long days and I finished with a smile. I think by the end of summer I should be either dead or ready for a half. Not sure of the venue yet, but shopping for a race.
I am going to be running in the march 19th race here in chippewa. That should be a fun little 5k. :)
I also got a deal on my running shoes 2 pair for like 84 bucks. usually 100 a pair sweeeeet. its like time for new shoes too, since my feet are starting to hurt again. That couldn't have come at a better time.
And now its story time: I learned a lesson on sunday and almost got myself into big trouble. I had been running with a cough drop in my cheek to coat my throat so it wouldn't get so raw running in the cold. Now the nurse side of me says thats not safe, better be careful. Well I learned my lesson, never will i run with anything in my mouth again. I inhaled it, and very breifly, like a half a second I was choking, It popped right out thank god. I really couldn't have been stupider. and that is lesson learned, and sharing it so maybe i will prevent someone else from being as stupid. (at the race in jan there were lots of people running with cough drops.)

song stuck in my head: Cee lo Green, Forget You.

No comments:

Post a Comment