Monday, February 14, 2011

Is there a prize for fattest marathoner?

Yeah, I just really don't care anymore. Yeah there is 43 pounds staring at me all the time but they will just have to take a number damn it. Its getting nice outside...I don't have time to starve now. I am going to be eating to run not to look any better. I have kind gone through another layer of acceptance. I think loosing more weight will just be great but I'm pretty great how I am too. I started back on food infact I allowed myself a peice of cake this weekend too. I will keep working at it but the drastic crap has to stop. Really it was never about looks. It was never about anybody else either.
So I did start weight training. i did legs and a run thursday, friday arms and bike(very abrievated because my children kept pooping in the daycare eventually gave up and ran out of diapers) and saturday and icy 29 degree 4.5 miles, i am not sure 7.7 is what nike plus said. I wasn't really going for speed just not falling on my dupa. it was powder snow with what seemed to be crisco-greased ice. It was fun and I wasn't the only runner. But apparently the only one with my spikes on. Really? thats playing with fire, they almost fell a lot. Its funny saturday, one of the more fit runners actually kept pace for a minute to say hi, what do I do, spit on my arm. What a freakin goober.... It figures. They pretended they didn't see and then took off down the crisco track. :)
I know my last post was a little dark, but I am feeling better with each step down my "road". I'll figure something out. Maybe training for the half will help me burn some more off. But I am for the most part happy with me. I am just a numbers gal it would be nice to say I did it for once. But the stop watch numbers changing seem to get my attention more!
Starting to read run like a mother, it FINALLY came! New shoes are here too. And I ordered new sweaty bands, mine where getting funnnnnkaaaayyyy. I am so ready for spring. Bring it on.

song: Aretha Franklin, Respect

No comments:

Post a Comment