Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cause 20 degrees just isn't cold enough for me.


I had a great week for running this week. 4.5 monday, 4.5 wednesday and 8 on saturday! I fit in strength training on friday to. Friday night I had a chance to finally make it to the local running shop that just opened, and of course ended up walking out with a super cool set of nikes and some balega socks(i love love!). I now have a new favorite store. The owner, 35 years seasoned marathoner, Lloyd very smart and helpful! So saturday morning I was feeling ready to try out my new shoes, I actually was so excited I probably stayed up an extra 10 minutes thinking about it. (In mommy time, thats long when laying down).
I managed my longest run yet 8 miles! It was cold and snowy but it just felt great so I kept on going. (then went on to work an 8 hr day on my feet)No one BLISTER> not ONE! Yeap. Love the Nikes. He suggested alternating shoes, so I will not be waisting my NB's, because they do offer more structure(although clunky and ugly in comparison).
Also I tried something else new. The Run Like a Mother Ice Bath! AAAAAHHHHHGGGGGHHHH! Holy crap that is not for sissys. I got in and I immediately wanted to get out. My kids and my husband were in the room so I didn't. But 10 full minutes seemed to be as much work as the run. The good news, I'm not feeling really anything but sore quads and fatigue post run, so long days shall be chilly chub days. But I have to say I have to talk to myself during saying , "sit down! i want to run a marathon. I don't want an injury. Sit DOWNnnnnn!" It was shocking. I do have to say agitating the water, like my son was doing to play with ice cubes makes it painful. Attached is a picture and video of my frightful event! Don't mind the thighs, its all a work in progress, and i know its a little too sexy for some!
proud of me for pushing it....
Song: Ice Ice Baby, Vanilla Ice

3 comments:

  1. correction, monday only did 3. little foggy STILL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, I don't think I could do an ice bath, I fear cold!! Did you get the black Nikes with the pink trim on the bottom, loved those! Definitley going there to get my next pair of shoes, I got some Belaga socks, but have yet to try them. Anyways, congrats on 8 on Saturday, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep black/gray with pink soles. Diva chic!

    ReplyDelete