Tuesday, March 1, 2011

the good and the bad

today i had a friend be nice enough to offer to take the kiddos while I went to the track, how Sweeeet. So I jumped at the chance and ditched the gym. Get to the track after what seemed to be a pretty strange little day, after a quick mustache wax a mommas shop. (with my skin I puff up to have a imaginary fluffy, shiny red mustache) Happily I park my van, ahhh my people... I get down to the track set down my drink and turn on my mp3 player. It doesn't work. Its DEAD. Oh the horror. Beautiful, sunny 44 degrees, wonderful track, no happy tunes. Damn. Well can't waste it so I just went and listened to myself wheeze for 3 miles. I can't stand it. Funny I ran with my phones on cause i didn't want to get them stolen, as you run past the annoying people you get to hear what they are talking about and what some of them say about you. So I trotted down the track, fluffy red upper lip, cranky attitude trying to do my breathing and convince myself that it sounds like "we will rock you". I call it quits at a little of 3 miles/5k. Nike plus today only kept the time correctly for me. 29mins 15 seconds! So I guess we'll take crunchy tuesday today for what its worth, at least my buddy wanted me to run, and watched the boys, and that time is a personal best beoch! HAHAHA. I guess I will not die with out my tunes, but I prefer them!
Song: Pretty Girl Rock, Keri Hilson (why not?)

No comments:

Post a Comment