Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Stressed and a little puffy

So I did my 10miler on saturday. I enjoyed some triberry gu if you want to call it enjoyment. I kept a decent pace I felt good no major aches when I got done, did my icebath and then worked 8hrs on my feet :(. I felt at the time puffy I figured the fact I drank 2liters of fluid in the course of 10miles 1 lter sport drink and the adrenaline and not peeing I refelexed a little swelling. And when my feet and ankels where swollen at the end of the night figured that much because that happens a lot at work. I am wondering about this even my face felt a little tight. I thought maybe it was the cold 44 and 100 percent raining, i was soaked. Infact I put on a dry sweatshirt and hat for my icebath. Took sunday off and worked 8hrs. Yesterday I ran 35min tempo with a poopydiaper break(at my gym they come to get you) and then a 20min tempo with 2 pickups. I was scheduled for 6 but I couldn't do anymore I was afraid of embarassing side effects such as pukeing. last night my right knee got a little tight. No pain I just noticed tightness. I iced it twice and this morning it feels okay but it might be swollen a little under the fat, i dunno i just know my knees always crack when i bend to sit and the right one isn't. I guess i fear the worst always but I am taking today off even though I could be doing alternative cardio just to give it time to heal. I think until september every run with be followed with an ice bath if logistically possible unfortunately Its no fun but I do always feel better after. I saw runners in a magazine wearing compression socks. I am going to research this, maybe this is something I should be doing? I will definately give dr. s a ring if it continues.
Lots of mileage and strength training this last week. I gained 5 pounds but now my bra doesn't fit. Dude I am so screwed up. I wonder if the marathon has an over 200 catergory? I headed there if they do.....
Can I just say I enjoyed saturdays 10miles a lot. Everytime I felt my self slowing I would say to myself "Mara-frickin-thon" and keep going. I think I just found my mantra. I will be printing it on something I wear during the race and if I don't do that I will be writing it on me with a sharpie. Say it with me on the sidelines; MARA-FRICKIN-THON!
Trying to let the butterflys of signing up for this huge task The song today is : Jars of Clay: Faith like a Child

No comments:

Post a Comment