Thursday, March 17, 2011

So glad I switched to wednesday!

In lieu of double digits and how baaaad I felt working eight hours after running 10, I have switched my long day to wednesday. Thank Goodness. So I had my interview, and I was totally honest. I couldn't give her any before pictures that was just too much for the newspaper for me at this point. I actually cried a couple of times just talking about all the stuff I like to repress. I still hate admitting how much I weigh, but I know if I don't tell its so easy to slip up. I don't care if I let my self down, but I don't want to let any body down and I don't like being a quitter, especially when things seem impossible.
Yesterday the photographer had me run for pictures. She was really nice, infact I may run with her someday. I told her please don't put a "fat one " in there. She was really sensitive to that. Then after that running back and forth in the mud for like 10 minutes I went back to my home, the track. And I snorted out 12.12 miles! It felt great infact i jumped up and down at the end and i didn't care who saw it. After the ice bath, and the shower I got a little nauseated had a hard time eating. but i did. I also used compression socks after. made a huge difference with the swelling. and they feel really good after something like that. its hard to explain but it does feel great. i had some left over ones from pregnancy, they aren't special runners ones. I feel okay today my quads are sore and so are my glutes. aka the thighs and butt. but i am hanging in. I will catch up on laundry cleaning and get groceries, all the while enjoying the boys. next week i track back to week six i do 9. coach jenny recommended i do 6-9 twice so i don't over train cause the marathon is farther away than i thought.
The song i played over and over the last mile: Pretty Girl Rock, Kerry Hilson

No comments:

Post a Comment