Wednesday, March 30, 2011

wah burgher and french cries

It seems lately I am ordering a wah burger and some french cries so I am going to try to keep this as up beat as possible because even I, am sick of listening to me...
Nike +: I am thankful to you because I had no idea of how fast, far, how long or how many calories I was burning and the last 4 months have been awesome SOMETIMES knowing what I did and being proud of it and giving me confidence to sign up for an MFT. Now, with that being said, go piss off. I can't believe you lost 6.5 miles of cement legs today. I couldn't have wanted to go less, but I went and you didn't...bastard. You are not condusive to real training, but as a baby distance runner you did the trick. I have out grown you, even when I do where the magic Nikes, you decided I'm too much for you. So in closing to review, you suck suck suck suky suck, piss off.
I really didn't want to go today. My youngest is sick again. started on antibiotics yesterday. Cross training had to be cancelled. He hasn't slept in days through the night and neither have I. I am a huge worrier. I have to check on him all the time when he is sleeping. so the fancy science is: if you run you have to sleep to run well, or you run like garbage. Today it felt that way. Everything felt tired, slow and filled with lard. My scheduled run was 6. THANK GOD. today felt harder than the 12.12. Next week is 10, I hope things smooth out before that. I tried jet blackberry gu today. it has 2x caffiene, i know i didn't have to gu today but by the third mile I was going to the truck for it. That helped a whole heap. No shitting you, that's why they put caffiene in there, for days like today. Also added some new songs to my playlist, some suggested by friends(thanks Sally!), others stumbled upon, but that helps too. Today 3 songs help push my cinder blocks to the finish they are:
The Dog Days are Over, Florence and the Machine
Magic, B.OB.
Longshot, Kelly Clarkson
ooh and before i forget I bought this hiddeous yellow pair of balega socks, when i got into the Ice bath today, water turned chicken peep yellow! :)

4 comments:

  1. I have the felling you're gonna beat that Nike+ Office Space style when you finally get a new gadget...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait until you get a Garmin or the like! You will wonder why you stuck with Nike+ for so long. It has it's place and it was a valuable tool for me for a VERY LONG time, but now I'm happy to have moved on. I always wonder what people did before all these tracking gizmos, I'm addicted to all the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait either I wanna be in the Garmin club too!

    ReplyDelete