Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Margins for error

Well got my 9er in before the rain. I learned a couple things today. 1. Nike + doesn't like asics with a beanpod. I ran 2 miles and glanced at my wrist it said .60 miles. SIGH. So i keep going and lost track around 6 miles. It was 106 minute run. So do the math pace of 10/m thats 11 miles, pace of 11/10, pace of 12 around 9. I really DISLIKE not knowing exactly. I know I took one pee break, one tiny walk break and stopped every mile for a sip or gu and a sip. I am hoping I did 10, I was feeling great today. 2. Asics gt 2160s are light, and helped my weak left ankle from turning out when i got tired. my knees feel great. I did however get a blister in a new place, its not horrible though. Oh well, still keeping em in the rotation they do the job I got em for! 3. Chocolate outrage tastes pretty damn good. But be sure that you wipe your mouth off well, it looks like poo on your face :). 4. Lemonlime gu doesn't taste so great. 5. somepeople don't get it. It was crowded with runners and walkers and mommies. Why someone thought it was the perfect place to have a pipe and smoke it, while walking. Really. COME ON REALLY. Now I know other people read this, I am not going to really go off. But when I came home I had to spell the word I had for describing this person in front of my kids. It begins with a D and ends with a k. Ha HA. Seriously dude I had an asthma attack because of you, next time i will snot rocket you really. 5. I think I over dressed, its warming up!
This afternoon we thought a shopping trip would be a good way to keep the kids from wearing me out. I went to a coffee shop and actually asked, can I have something like really caffienated? I mean like shaky caffiene okay? I drank it and felt like I needed to bleach my teeth. Good thing, went to a local bulk store and my son had a tantrum and puked on the floor. Then insisted that I carry his 35lb bum all over the store, I did, he was quiet and snuggly, but you better believe it was physically taxing. I was happy when we got to leave that store. I am happy we are home, I am so tired.
I am still smiling! Any day is a good day even when its not perfect if you can get your run on.

Song suggestion: Kelly Clarkson, My Life Would Suck Without you

4 comments:

  1. I am a former Nike+ user and I just bought a Garmin. I used Nike+ for a year and I really liked it, but I feel better knowing the exact distance now. I'm still working to calibrate my foot pod for the treadmill, but the outdoor runs are so much better now.

    Agreed: the run makes a good day no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want one of those. Hubby if you are reading, my birthday in coming....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you running at Brady's Run? I used to get so mad when I ran there because there was always someone smoking! I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I was. You'd think during a "work day" there wouldn't be so many people there, but it was packed. Nothing gets your heart pumping like a flaming hot puff of carcinogens right?

    ReplyDelete