Wednesday, February 16, 2011

oh Sh#t!

So today I did what started out to be a treat run, 40 degrees and climbing, midday track all melted. I got through 4 pretty decent ones then all of the sudden.... 'oh no I have to poop real bad'. Exactly one of the reasons why I run down at the track most of the time is you have your choice of 3 toilet stations. All foul and disgusting in there own right but I have about a 10th of the bladder I used to see, so I prefer it down there. Also I am not worried about being hit by a car and in daylight I turn up my turns. But really, pooping there? Honestly I don't think I can. I must be doing better with fueling my machine because my food has been running through me for days. I had no idea of the sneak attack, never happened to me before. I actually went through it in my head.' Well I guess I am going to have to go at the next bathroom, maybe I'll sacrifice my under armor gloves and just go buy new. ' I started obsessing about it. Started imagining myself pooping down my leg, 'what would i do with my compressing shorts?' well i'm a half a mile from the van so i'll make it just listen to your tunes and relax. Well wouldn't it be appropriate for all the swearing songs I like in my player to all say the word Sh#t. Or in someway or another remind me of my impending doom. I made it to the van, and made it home. I guess as I get closer to THE HALF mileage this will be a normal thing.... and I will suck it up, and then blog about it later.
a side note; great to see the golden oldies back at the track, no there is no threat of slippage and breaking hippage. But we must remember stop bathing in perfume. Stop your god forsaken smoking. And left is for runners damn it!Some times it can irritate me to almost yelling "why do you have to be so darn old?" but then i remember, they probably are afraid of peeing their pants and pooping by a sneak attack too. So I just wave and huff out "morning", they are dealing with enough. :)
song of the day: Under Pressure, David Bowie

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, this has totally happened to me, except I was 2 miles from home, with no car in site, I was just running around town, you see and had walked right out my door and took off. To this day, I still don't know how I made it home with no embarrasing stains on my pants. And you know the track walkers are a pet peeve of mine! Totally happy that you're out getting your exercise and all, but please stick to your side.

    Question - is the outdoor track at Brady's Run a loop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is just one big loop. shaded in most places. one of my fav places in the world. You know i read in a book about grabbing a bush if you really gotta go.....

    ReplyDelete