Sunday, January 15, 2012

Jan 15, 2012

I had a little bit of a rough week, I finally admitted/let myself be sick. Its been there for a couple weeks now. Begging myself to not get really sick, but feeling it. My ears have bothered me, my sinuses, and then finally the asthma decided to kick up and I had no other choice but to call a doctor. I admit all last week I felt strange I was pretending to feel "fine". Nope I knew what was coming. I went on Wednesday. My mom, thankgoodness took my kids for me and I got checked out, ended up with a shot of steriods in the bum, and some really gross antibiotics. By gross antibiotics I mean, its not the kind of med you take and then forget to take because you forgot you were on them, no you remember all day long when you take these. You taste metal, you smell wierd stuff, your stomach hates you. All day wednesday, I spent on my back, my mom took the kids for me--THANKS. I really needed a day to just rest. I sweat for no reason for 24 hours.
The next morning still sweating I had to move on with life because we needed food, sick mommy was dropping the ball. So we did go about our business at the store, and the good thing my boys were soooo well behaved! Unlike the last time all 3 of us attempted this about a month or 2 ago, when I white knuckled the cart until I got in the drivers seat of my minivan and burst into tears, I thanked god for the favor. It made the weaked state I was in easier to bare, I was so proud of them.
The last few days have been lazy days for me. I have been doing the bare minimum. No exercising from tuesday until Saturday, and just keeping housework above water. I feel a lot better yesterday, I was back to the gym. I did a really silly little treadmil run, I am still about 80%. I am staying out of the outdoors until I get better, The asthma has spoken, we don't want to piss it off.
Today I added my stats to my spreadsheet. I am not posting anymore because of its ridiculousness.
Total Inches lost this week = 1.
Current Weight= 183.8
Even though I did really not much to exercise this week, I am still loosing. This IS exciting don't get me wrong, however I am not really accepting all of this yet. I am not used to it. In fact the weirdo in me wants to not tell anyone its coming off again because I am afraid it will stop the momentum. I know its childish, but I did spend more than a year in limbo and eventually accepted the reality, I don't want to go there again. I will keep sharing, but I am definitely not one of those obnoxious friends that blurts it out every time you see them that they are doing good on a diet, no, I am not feeling exactly comfortable yet because I still have miles to go.

Hanging Around, Counting Crows

No comments:

Post a Comment