Monday, July 26, 2010

its race week!

Well, I feel enormus. I am not, really changed at all be I feel terrrible about what I ate this weekend, it was busy the stuff was easy and staring at me. I feel huge. I turn that around today, except for the pizza for lunch, going grocery shopping tonight no junk makes it in the house!
I ran friday and I ran sunday. Both okay runs but I am starting to get that 'i feel stupid for signing up for this race' feeling. I did that before, I have to remind myself, read my little bloggy log that I have been putting the time in and I can do this. Its so much more intimidating that I will have people watching me, I don't know why its always the same, I can I will and i'll get done.
Things I plan on doing differently this race:
1. don't run so much this week.- I ran every night except the night before last time, I was pretty wore out last race time.
2. PEEEeeeeee!- hopefully bathrooms nearby with a late race like this. registration 430-530 race at 6 i will be standing around drinking water cause its august, my mission is to evacuate my bladder!!!!
3. I got my fancy shoes.- I ran on my work out shoes last time with serious shin splints.
4. squish socks- eurcerin cream on my heels insdie and out my socks. blister control.
5. Pants that fit- stretchy nylon running shorts, fat or not you need your pants ON to run good.
I have to think about this some more. Trying to practice restraint this week, although I am excited I am trying to save it for the start line. My time for the first race was 37.19 I really hope I have cut a little off of that, I have been working at it all summer. I don't want to be the fastest just my personal best at the time.

running song : I'm not afraid, emenem

No comments:

Post a Comment