Thursday, September 20, 2012

marathon epilogue

This was the first year I was sturdy on my feet enough to actually walk back to the car. Duuuude that is the crappiest part. The good thing about being last  last year was that Hubbs brought me the car and threw me in and drove me back to the hotel. This year I didn't do the whole medical tent deal, I just shot them a lame shotgun pointer finger. Why do I do that? I can't stand the lameness of the pointing I did at people during the race. It's like some lame oldster in a disco saying things like Dyn-o-Mite!  I don't know why but I did A LOT. 
Walking back to the vdubbs though brutal, I finally dismissed Hubbs from walking with me to go get the car and pull it up to me. Every step really does come with a vowel, or noun, or verb of some type. We ended up staying together and I walked the whole distance to the car. I got in and he took me back to the hotel. We got all our stuff together and checked out of the hotel after I got my shower.
On the way home we had to stop for food or potty like 6 times. It was a long ride home. I got craky by the last 20 minutes in the car cause it hurt. By the time I got home and off my sore butt it was already 5pm. Waiting on my porch was one of the biggest Mumms I have ever seen with a note from my Aunt Sherry. :) And then My mother in law brought my boys back bathed with dinner for me and Hubbs. I am so blessed to have so many people support this/and or me. I just really appreciate it all. Thank you everyone for your support, help, and prayers.

 I am glad it's all said and done. I am proud of myself. Really.

1 comment:

  1. You have great reasons to be VERY proud of yourself! I'm proud of you, too. xoxox

    ReplyDelete