Thursday, September 20, 2012

september 15th

I don't have a lot to say about pre race day, it was a crazy hot mess. I had to get the kids to grandmas, and get ready.
On the way there we had to drive an hour out of the way to stop at a VW dealer for coolant.  Apparently, Volkswagons have magic pink coolant that is made from the glitter than Unicorns fart and that is the only coolant you can put in my vdubb. If we put USA coolant in it the car would die. So being already "late" by my standards we picked that up.

On the way there sitting with Hubbs in my vdubbs, there was various discussion that all came to one point, I tend to be an ass when I am nervous.

We finally made it to packet pick up and I lined up for my race bag. Same dude at the window. He doesn't remember me. He shouldn't recognize me, or remember me. He's polite and conversational I take my bag and walk away. I still didn't feel like looking around at the race expo, I was ready to go. So we left.
Did I feel weird at this point, sure I did. But I felt ready.

We got dinner, went to Walmart and got gas and camped out at the hotel, the mood got lighter at this point. We started having fun joking around like we tend to do, it's good to be married to someone that is as crazy as you are.  We don't spend enough time together.

I didn't sleep well or easy that night. I tried, it didn't happen.  I wanted to get this race over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment