Tuesday, September 11, 2012

no time for taper madness.

I am thinking I maybe in the violation of the no whining zone so I am going to make this sound as positive as I can.
The last week at my job was insane complete with my weekend on duty I am just exhausted. I am trying to cultivate this into goodness. Last year I was freaking out every 5 seconds about the race. I was packed like a week before, I was so worried about everything I wasn't really nice to be around. Well now I am so busy with my other commitments in life the time is on warp speed and hasn't slowed for a minute. That's good i guess. I am trying to work on hydration this week and maybe stocking up on my supplies if I get a minute.  I am almost out of foot goop!!! (eucerin cream) It's amazing the difference a year makes.
This morning was my second to last work out before the race. I set out for an easy 3 and it turned into speed work. I just needed to leave everything on hold and really shake it off. I really tried to slow down but my feet didn't get the message. It felt good though. I could of went all day. I guess it's a good idea to wait for sunday. 
I will run one more time Thursday... that's all my life permits, it's okay though I am resting.

I am ready for the race unprepared, packed or whatever, I NEED 26.2 of vacation. I can't wait.

weight today 165 even. 

1 comment: