Sunday, June 13, 2010

Just walk it off....

Oh boy there we go. tonight, I ran crappy outdoors again. Stupid girl....I should know by now that I can only handle non-treadmil runs once a week at most by now with my chubby butt. My shins HURT. I couldn't even finish my last mile, I had to limp a shortcut at the track to my truck. I had ryan meet me on the porch and cover my legs in ice.
Ryan really is good about all this exercise stuff. He doesn't do as much as me but he is always making sure I get to go and do. And he's always there to patch me up, or bring me water and an aleve. I feel really bad sometimes about that. He's so good about all that, I have to remember to be nicer.
I did order a book on running, its by a dude but its for women runners about everything. Its even got a chapter how to be injury free. I'll be reading that in all my spare moments you better believe it.
As far as a race, I have no clue at this point. I think I am going to have to hit the eliptical this week or 2 until i feel better, its not as fun as running to me, but I still have 50 bigones to loose. Still formulating a plan for my next race, at this point i think it would be a good way to celebrate the next 20lbs. i dunno
Mentally I am really feeling drained, kindof like when my kid is frustrated when his toys die because they need batterys. He just wants to keep playing and he doesn't care about the solution, just that fun is over for now.
trying to stay positive, looking up treatment tips for shin splints tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment