Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New shoes!

So after fearing my running was going to kill me I started asking questions. Thanks to my sister in law and my new running book by Dagny Scott Barous(spelled prob wrong) I went to the nearest running store to get fitted from new shoes.
Turns out I was running in really old worn out shoes that never fit in the first place. I felt really large in that store, everything is for serious runners. The staff a young man in college, also a serious runner, was super nice and evaluated my stride. I overpronate. duh, thus shinsplints. So i brought home my lovely shoes and friday morning took my first run in them-magic! No pain! turns out shoes are everything in this sport and um I thought for some reasons the ones I had were fine. So glad i asked before i really hurt myself.
Last night my run was 3.75 miles! In 90 degree heat. Watch out 10k I'm coming for you.

Turns out New shoes of any type will cheer up a woman.....

No comments:

Post a Comment