Monday, October 31, 2011

Any reason to wear a tutu is a good reason

So this is my Bee Girl costume. I went to a party saturday night and I couldn't think of a better costume. It was cold out there. Truthfully I was just itching for a reason to wear this tutu just to be a goof ball. I only stayed out for a couple hours, I had to work.
On the way to pick up the boys at a friends house I stopped at a gas station to use the ATM. Well there just has to be a group of teenage boys at every gas station in front of the door at 9:00pm, and so this place was of course compliant. I just said to myself, 'the show must go on', and stood up as straight as I could make myself. I had a coat on and just my costume. I had to walk past the mob of boys to get back to my minivan. I looked ahead and kept moving. After I past I heard whistles and very inappropriate comments(I can't repeat). I didn't turn around, but I did start to laugh a little. What I didn't hear was, laughing or 'yeah right' or barfing noises. Can I tell you it made my year? They actually meant it! Some little punks harrassed me, and I was flattered. Really how many times do you walk your 31 year old ass out of a minivan in a tutu and underarmor shorties and get that reaction? This mom of 2, driving her horrid minivan, for once wasn't invisible to the opposite sex.
The tutu stays in my closet, never know when I might break it out again!
 

Blind Melon, No Rain
http://youtu.be/3qVPNONdF58

No comments:

Post a Comment