Saturday, October 1, 2011

CRACK!

Well today I ran exactly 1 mile and 1 step. And then crack, pain to the brain. I stop, adjust my shoelaces, take a step- ouch. I stop again, and loosen the shoes a little, and take another step- OUCH. So I bend down a third time and untie my shoe make it completely loose and limp to the truck.
I go home I've only been gone less than 20 minutes everyone is asleep including the dogs. I leave the lights out, get ice from the freezer and sit on the floor in my room, in the dark icing my foot listening to Hubbs snore. Eventually a child gets up, finds me and wakes Hubbs. I am very calmly say " I broke something, I have to get an x-ray". No tears. I knew it wasn't good but I was and still am strangely okay with it.
I went to an urgent care nearby, I knew by expereince they have an xray machine there, since I was there in april. (cheaper copays!) I walked in, got an x-ray. The tech taking my films politely stated " you said you were running this morning. It's freezing out there!" I dryly replied, "yeah I was, that stuff doesn't matter to me". P.A. came into the room and told me I have a stress fracture and she used the phrase "little bone chip". I was awarded crutches and a sexy ortho shoe. I will be calling Dr. C. one monday- my ortho. Until then I was told to stay off it and not work until he said so. Still no tears.

Remember how I talked about my right leg during the marathon? Also how it's not been right since? That's the leg. Its the back of my right foot near my ankle.
I have not cried at all about this. I am sort of in a sick way proud of it. It is in no way debilitating. I almost considering it a marathon parting gift. (go for broke remember? well I'm broke.) I will be running again. It may be difficult to handle life of course if the doctor keeps me from walking on it, but I seriously doubt he will. I am not even in that much pain. So for this weekend, I am taking it easy and I am for once NOT WORRIED. I was blessed to complete my marathon and realize my dream, and now it's time for a rest. I'll update as I find out what's going on.

No worries.
Peaceful Easy Feeling, The Eagles.

No comments:

Post a Comment