Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New tool for the tool!

So I have had a smart phone for the first time for about a month now. Sadly, it took me that long to learn how to use it . Its all a learning process and I felt like a dinosaur asking a coworker how to dial it the next day. But what's really hilarious, it took me 3 days of writing my food diary on a notebook paper to think, hey maybe, just maybe there is a food diary app on my phone. So I look it up and I found, myfitnesspal.com, a FREE app of awesomeness, and also a free website on the computer. It keeps track of your daily calories and how they relate to your goals. To add in food you can look in the database or scan the bar code on the box, and it spits out the serving and takes it off the total. Can you tell I am getting excited just typing this. But my favorite feature, you can enter your exercise activity and it gives you credit in the form of calories-BOOYA! That's always perplexed me. I wasn't sure how much to add after a run, and I am sure I probably just ate too much or not enough. Yesterday I came really close to what they wanted me to eat after my workout but it felt like too much food. I am going to really be accurate for the next month to see if it actually works. When you enter in everything for the day it tells you if you keep going on the path of the day how much you will weigh in 5 weeks. That encourages the crap out of me really. Something to do that math! AAAAAAhhhh!
So I am on myfitnesspal.com. my name is ahoneybadgerfink, if you want to come along with me friend me and we'll keep each other accountable.
As for exercising I am still keeping to the everyday do something challenge!

The Temper Trap, Sweet Disposition

No comments:

Post a Comment