Friday, November 25, 2011

So how did the turkey day go?

Well it went great. I am happy/embarassed to report I didn't take a complete rest day on wednesday. Skip needed a walk so we did a mile together. So the something everyday challenge has not been broken, for 20 days so far! The Race itself was super fun. The Kenyan and friends were all there. It was 48 and sunny. Lots of happy gobblers. I mentioned the asthma attack, what else is new happens every race, I am still happy with my time considering how much over the last year I had let my pace slip in my training. I worked to get back to where I was and thats actually pretty fast for this girl. :)
And on thanksgiving the queen mother of gluttony opportunities, I stayed on target. I used measuring cups and went by my fitness pal's data base for roast turkey, stuffing and mash, etc and used their portions. I came out 100 calories ahead at the end of the day. I didn't eat dessert like I said but I did have 25 calorie hot chocolate while everyone else did. I got a little good natured jibes about the strictness, but it just made it that much easier to not over do it.
Later on I went out black Friday shopping on Thanksgiving in the evening. It was a bust, too many people.There were long lines outside in the cold, angry people, people crying, and an actual fight at our local walmart over a waffle iron. I ditched my pile of stuff at Kohls and gave up after a solid hour in the checkout line. We went home defeated. I went back in the morning and all the crap that bailed on was right where it should have been, meaning they had just put it all back and it was easy to find it all. SCORE! I got a new sports bra, some new gym clothes and jeans and tops. Its enough to make a 31 year old woman scream like a 13 year old yelling for Justin Bieber. Today was the first time EVER I bought clothes and tried on stuff that everything I wanted fit! 
Over all I have to say I am pretty thankful for everything and everyone in my life. I love my family. It was a treat to get to race and take a break from being mom, then get to be entertained with wonderful hot food and company that I didn't have to cook or clean up, then later on that evening get to go shopping, then get up and go back for more. It really is my fun holiday. Christmas is about the kids and the magic, manufactured by mom's stress, cooking, shopping, and love, so its really not about me so what a nice rest before its time to get busy with the holiday hustle. I feel blessed. Smiling from ear to ear.

Blackeyed Peas, Boom Boom Pow

No comments:

Post a Comment