Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Barium Stained

I know you clicked on this because you were hoping this was about poop. Its not sorry, I promise more piggish antics soon. This morning I had to take the little one to Children's hospital for a barium swallow. He's been puking for years since we are working him up for everything right now it seems the obvious choice. I can tell you this girl usually full of sass and attitude cried the whole way home. After holding down my baby when he was so scared for his own good that's all I could do was cry and drive as far as possible away! *sigh* *deep breath* I have no results yet, just my spazzzing to keep me busy. We got home to our house and I have white all over my neck and arms and shirt from my little one. Mom is there watching the oldest and tells me to just go run. I had and hour, and the little one his excited to see her, I GO. But I don't wash of the fleck of barium on my arm, I love my kid and I took him with me today in my mind.  I run for me a lot but I also run for them, and my hubby and my parents and my brother, and my friends....it's who ever I love. We are all running together- "team FINK".
On the schedule I had planned 5 getting back into my climbing groove. I did 6 laps. At the track where I go most of the time it's supposed to be a mile lap, but today garmin said it was 5.85. It was humid, and sticky I only had an hour so I didn't go on although me and my barium stained arms could have did a little 26.2 and still come home thinking there was more to be run.
Adding to my not funny attitude today yesterday right after I posted the blog about the basement, I found a frickin flood! My washer broke and leaked into my finished basement. OMG really!? So big bucks and a whammy. (whisper swear- damn ittttttt.) Dealing with the contractors and trying to save my antique table not on fitness schedule. So my cross training was a 3 lap "race" around my aunts house with my oldest and my cousins daughter "sleeping beauty of Ohio", kids are so hysterical. Then when I got everyone tucked in washed and happy it was 10pm. So I did 17 minutes of on demand yoga in my room while I waited my turn for the shower. I do have to say it was enough to relax me for bed and make my left ass cheek a little sore.
In all of this, I am so glad the people closest to me haven't killed me. I thank god for every thing in my life even when it's not perfect, because it can always be worse. I still consider myself a lucky bastard.

Diamond Eyes, Shinedown

2 comments:

  1. HATE barium enemas, not "as opposed to" any other kind LOL, more than anything, except maybe these effing stink bugs. It comes from having lots and lots of them as a child because of pre-cancerous polyps in my colon. Not fun stuff. I hope you lil' guy is okie-dokie and your worries are soon gone. :)

    The flood? Dear God, that sucks rocks! I think crap like that is horrid when it happens to me. Then I see the tornadoes in the midwest and think, it could be a whooooole lot worse. But, it's all relevant so it's YOUR worse. I hope things look up soon!

    OK - WTF is with your blog not allowing me to post as me? LOL It's Paula. As if you couldn't tell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. for the record. The barium was swallowed, if it had be butt-spray barium I would have washed it off! lol. The flood is all cleaned up now, thanks to Mazzant's from BF. They are done with the new insulation and tiles already too.
    I dont understand why blogger has to be so difficult to post on?

    ReplyDelete