Tuesday, May 3, 2011

This is harder than I thought

I am being a responsible runner by nursing my boo boos before they get too bad, the hard part is not running on the pained legs, its sitting still. Everyone who has talked to me since saturday has asked me "what's wrong?" I am trying to be cool about the rest but I guess its sticking out like a sore thumb because I worry is coming out my ears and smacking me in my facial expressions. Its true this is a bummer. Everyday I have gotten up since my legs started to bother me I have felt better a little bit. I could probably run tomorrow and smack out the 10 I have on my schedule but I am not going to. God that was hard to type that last sentence. I am resting! Resting! RESTING. I want to go and I feel like I am being stupid missing my fun long day because of something that will probably still bother me for the rest of the summer, but I am not. The marathon is still in my sights and this is a racing strategy.
Having said all this I went to the grocery store today and bought enough raw veggies to choke a donkey. I am a stress eater and I am not going to let this change my wieght. AW HELL NO. So I will eat carrots and broccolli when I get nervous. I wanted ice cream. And why does the musack at the grocery store have to be so sad. I will admit I cried a tear to "Changes" by D. Bowie, there is no escaping the tears when you have to rest for something that may or may not be serious.
I have also consulted my facebook running forum and the internet about all this. The hints I am using were to get compression leg sleeves. They will be ordered, I found braces for shins at the drugs store that are adustable, I am wearing them now at all time except to sleep and ice they feel great. Never mind that I look like robo-cop this all about the legs. I have been icing 2 times a day even now that they don't hurt any more. A lot of people said to run just run slow. I am going to wait at least one more run out. If I do anything it will be a walk in my running shoes that are the most stable. Probably not doing that though, posting this so if someone sees me with my gear on honks at me and tells me to get my ass home.  I just miss it.
Coming home with my wet groceries and smashed loaf of bread from the store, I have to remind myself today its not that bad, I am not lazy, and I am not crazy!


Ben Folds, The Best Imitation of myself

No comments:

Post a Comment