Thursday, May 5, 2011

PDE (public display of emotion)

I did nothing from sunday until this evening running and exercise wise trying to heal my pissed of legs. I had to go for a walk today. I have been cooped up too long and my legs were feeling great just as long as I had shoes on. What the hell? A little walk in the sunshine right, wrong, you know that walk turned into a run. I couldn't help myself. I started off thinking yep there's that pain again, if it eases up by the next block keep going. Truth is I discussed stopping with myself for about 2 miles. Dumbass is only my middle name..... Any way. I get back, limping stretch and hop in the icebath. Get out shower and have a total meltdown to Ryan, I sob, " I need an x-ray, my right hurts more than the left and there's a bruise. I bet it is fractured". Then I call my mom because we are still trying to get ready for vacation hubs is fixing our van, I sob to her, " are you busy? can you come over?" She agrees asks me what hurts I  sob " Don't tell anybody anything, I want no body to know anything."  At this point I am not sounding or feeling rational at all.  Truth is I was really not that encouraged because shin splints are supposed to hurt on both legs, mine hurts super bad on one side, and little on the other, this has been gnawing at my happy thoughts all week like a parasite. I have been dealing in my head with the possibility of break, I finally had enough and I was ready for the one-two punch I was about to receive from the docs. 
I decide going to an urgent care was a good idea, because i have 1 more buisness day before vacation and I can't get an x-ray the traditional way without a sitter and like 3 more days really. The people there were really nice. Took my x-ray and looked it over, as I wait I am sitting in the exam room praying to god for help. Please let it be okay. I don't want this to be over. Maybe I can still run if its broke. I have plenty of time. The physicians assistant came in and informed me the preliminary read is negative. All healthy tissue, no arthritis looks good, just feels bad. I start to bawl. She actually thought I was dissapointed because there was nothing for her to fix, I inform her through my read faced tear and snot parade that its just the opposite. I am thrilled. Thank you Jesus. I mean for real, I know he reads this blog, Thanks dude. I got a stronger nsaid I have already popped one as I type its kicking in, and another forced 10days off(no dicking around with a "walk" this time). That means no 10k on vacation. I am not that sad really. I did want to run the boardwalk at the  beach but I will trade that for staying power this summer when I need it. I am just going to enjoy my family and keep up my happy thoughts. I won't be around next week at all, I will be relaxing with my 3 boys.

Each Tear, Mary J Blige (featuring Jay Sean)
 Mary J. Blige : Now Playing : Each Tear

1 comment:

  1. GREAT! Thank goodness it isn't something major. I'm glad you went to urgent care. Now you can relax about it a little. I am a totally spaz and get to myself all the time. No bueno.

    ReplyDelete