Monday, May 2, 2011

A bit tweaked

So I was fortunate enough to get sometime to travel to Kenya this weekend to run with one of its residents.(not really just a nearby town to see Autumn) We went running at her local high school. She saw me at the beginning and the end, I ran to my truck for water and inhaler she never noticed.She ran 5 never took a drink then took to the bleacher steps waiting for me to whip my booty around the track until i was done. I love our turtle rabbit friendship :). I ran 4.86 drank all 500cc of my water and puffed my inhaler once but in like 51 minutes that's pretty fast for turtle speed.

After last monday's episode of shin splints and wednesday's redemption I figured there was nothing to worry about. It was my first time running on a track too. Well my legs are still bothering me. Thinking back to my set of shin splints last year, I think they hurt for awhile after I got new shoes. Just going to have to deal, I have rested since then, I don't think I will run today. I feel a ton better not really sore at all but I think at this time better to be conservative because next month mileage increases, and I have 2 races coming in the next 2 weeks a 10k and a 5k and our family vacation to the beach. Not to be outshadowed warrior dash and caties race are next month.  I hate talking about injury because I don't want to seem weak. I am trying to be intellegent when I just want to be tough. Schedule for training until vacation and during will be lax. Run like if I feel it, rest if not and no guilt. This is the vacation before the next wave of challenge we increase past 12 next month. I remain positive. Rest up baby legs work starts soon....

Bruno Mars, The Lazy Song

1 comment:

  1. I love us too! :) Glad you clarified that you did not, in fact, travel to the real Kenya this weekend, haha. You have to listen to your body, you're doing the right thing!

    ReplyDelete