Monday, May 23, 2011

Bloated hill reps

I have to say that I worked 3-11 last night. Probably in bed by midnight with 2 interuptions, one from each kid alarm goes off at 5am. I intended to run, and today I didn't hit snooze I sprang out of bed. I have been loving my runs right now because my mental stress only shuts up when I do that.
I ran in my neighborhood, major major major hills and uneven pavement, so naturally my shins were a little bothersome. They got iced and I got my sleeves on today. On my travels today I saw a doe, a female dear, ray a drop of golden son, dead a flat flat bird, fa a long long way to runnnnn. Oh boy what just happned? Uh yeah the dear almost made me soil myself in the beginning of the run, on the way back I almost soiled myself but there was not a dear in my path.
I guess I should back that one up, last night at work I was offered pizza at a little birthday party. I declined with the "no thank's i'm in training" answer, kinda like saying 'no thanks i'm special', but then after they left the pizza at the nurses station  with a chocolate cake left over too... um well. I did spend the better part of the night telling my work friends about my 2 year old's aliments. Saying 2 year old and biopsy in the same breath makes me vomit in my mouth a little. So comforting food got into my mouth. By the time I left I had a 'food baby'- distended belly full of poop. I planned my run because I had a meltdown during some downtime alone on my break and felt a panic coming, so it was go or loose clumps or hair today. I did, eh, 'flush' my toilet before my run, but sometimes when you stress eat you could eh, 'flush' all day. So out this morning to pay the piper for my sins, and also relieve my jitters I went with the ambition to punish those damn hills. And I did, I did great right past that port-a-potty at mile 2. Then going back down the long hill I started to feel a little uncomfortable, mind you I had 2 very steap peakers to do after that. Needless to say I have spanked myself for falling off the wagon and spazzing. I am back on track. I think I would like to loose a few pounds before the derby so I can say I lost at least 5 since that day. Right now its even stevens. 

Since I am being gross, I totally forgot on Saturday after the race I looked down and saw my finger was bloody. I showed Autumn and said omg I cut myself. She looked and asked me how I did it, I told her I never felt it. Later I looked at my top, bloody stain, ohhhhhhh. Bloody snot rockets, and dried blood on my finger! HAHAH delicious :). She was still with me when I discovered this out loud. She didn't run away but I am sure she wanted to!

Song: AC DC, TNT

3 comments:

  1. It will take a lot more than that for me to run away! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, very nice. I am in love with your quirky blog and your talk of food babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will say my blog is totally honest, brutally honest. Thank you for reading !! I love writing my ramble.

    ReplyDelete