Saturday, May 21, 2011

Race report

Well, nope we didn't PR today. But we did pretty good for post injured status. 2nd from my best time. 32:44 not too shabby! Autumn dusted me, as promised, and Amanda S. from dailymile also beat me but I stayed on her heels by 30 seconds.(nice shoes chicky) Leanne, who is now known as shorty from now on, didn't beat me but she came close :) next month sweetie....seriously hats off to trying that's what its all about.  I do have to say I kept up with 2 dudes the whole way :). Dudes are usually faster than chicks for the record. And my inhaler bounced out of my bra at the start and on the 1 mile lap I was able to find the stomped pieces and use it. Yep that's how I roll.
I hope that I showed shorty and anyone else toe-ing the line that it takes balls to do that, lining up with people who are probably going to kick your ass but you do it anyways because its fun.  I am usually in the back of the pack, getting passed by little kids and people much older, but I like it back there. Could you imagine the trash talk if I was a front of the packer/gazelle/ skinnywinner? (lol)
The plan, is to do Darlington Derby next. I have no strategy. I will be by my lonesome, as Autumn will be at DASH without me, I shall miss her, I don't understand why she doesn't want my tutu to borrow. Maybe I should wear it. Eh I might distract people with my awesomeness.

One Republic, Good Life

6 comments:

  1. what are both of these darlington derby and DASH events?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Darlington Derby is a 5K in Darlington, and the Warrior Dash is in Ohio, its a race/obstacle course....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It' was so great to finally meet you! Thanks for coming out. Autumn, too!

    I definitely cried when we were at the fruit/ Gatorade table because I was tired and exhausted and had Sean run the whole thing with me and you and Jamie come back for me after you were done to finish with me. I am a lucky girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so proud of you Leanne, nothing wrong with having a little breakdown after a breakthrough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hell, I nearly cried and I was just standing around cheering for both of you. :)

    It was too effing hot and humid to run and it's only MAY for crying out loud! My asthma was in full force, so peace out to the inhaler debacle.

    Great job Amanda! I have pics that I'll somehow get to you!

    ps: this is Paula and for some reason I can't sign in with my Google account. BLAH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Paula, I think you are an awesome cheerleader! :)

    ReplyDelete