Monday, August 29, 2011

The constipated runner.

I went out for a run today it was still dark, I even got to be first on there. My whole entire body protested. It just was not willing to run today. I did, however slow make it 3 before I had to walk a little. My stomach still hurts. Infact if I had a boat oar I would have shoved it down my throat to make myself vomit. SERIOUSLY. That's what it would take because I am not a barfer, if I could make myself puke I would have been a bulimic at one time in my youth, but I guess my anatomy saved me of that. If I puke with the flu, its pretty damn serious. I felt pretty gross last night. I was wondering why, I chalked it up to running around like a fool all weekend and being all carbyed out, while missing a run. 
As I ran I began to remember my last real bummer asthma exacerbation, the pill I take and what it does to me. I don't take it everyday because it does weird stuff to me. I have, to put it delicately, a f-ed up bladder since the boys. When I take that pill to prevent my asthma attacks, well um, I pee my pants.  Running for the most part has actually strengthened it, but somethings will never improve. I do vaguely remember some constipation, but I thought it was because I was at that point taking a break because of illness.
I started thinking about it, I take a lot of medicine right now. Allergy pill, Nsaid-for the ITband, glucosamine and condroition, a centrum women's, asthma pill, a calcium +d, and my nose spray for allergies. Thats all in my belly at once. I think I need to be on all of them, but it does bother me.  If you add all those pills on top of an already constipated stomach you aren't going to be feeling well, defeating the purpose.
I think I am only going to take my asthma pill for my long days for a while, and maybe I'll go down to the drug store for some dynamite...you know, for my colon. I took that pill for 7days in a row, I have put on 5 pounds-it has to all be poo, it feels like its in my throat. I had no idea that it would also cause this but that's the only explanation I have for it. So I will be home for the rest of the day doing laundry and housework because it needs done and eh I won't be able to get 20 feet from a toilet for a while.

Its frustrating to have asthma, I really have been working at all of this and it is my monkey wrench. I will NOT let it stop me. I guess its good I had a lousy run today, more rest for the big day wednesday- the big 20! Don't take anything of this as bitching, just documenting the whole process- brutal honesty!

Song: Rihanna, Disturbia

No comments:

Post a Comment