Thursday, August 18, 2011

farts and Bengay

You are probably wondering about the title of this one. I'll explain right away. That is what my room smelled like yesterday. It was choking all signs of life. After a long run like that, at the end of the day I start farting pretty much uncontrollably, everything I eat goes through loudly, then ruins the air. I was wearing maximum strength BenGay also, it does not have vanishing scent and there you go. Poor hubbs, last night he probably thought he was in a barn with an arthritic farmer.
About the run, it was all I hoped for, it was possible. I decided to try BenGay pre-run to help with the inital tightness/pain I knew I was in for. It helps! I don't care if I smell everyone out, I got to be comfortable. At the point where I felt really good and I smiled and relaxed I looked at my Garmin, 3.5 miles in. I really did have to stretch every mile, I am trying to be patient rehabbing this. Every 3 miles I changed direction, and in the turns I leaned out(goofy looking but kept the IT Bands loose).
Its frustrating at the track I do these runs at, the oldsters can be weird sometimes. Sometimes they are nice smile and get out of the way as I stay to the right, just like cars would. Some of them walk in the "fast people" lane and won't move. I mean really there is someone charging right at you and they see you and don't give. I ended up in the grass a few times, I'm flexible, whatever. (there are no directional signs at the track)With that being said some of the oldsters, super cute, 2 older ladies wearing dresses out for a walk with tootsie pops(9 am), they were smiling and laughing-truly teenagers at heart, and my favorite old man when I looked up to wave blew me another kiss, I love those people. I am cheering for some of them too, I can tell they are in pain, swinging out on a good hip and they just keeping walking, It's something I have come to appreciate. I really do love the oldsters.
As I loosened up and settled down I started enjoying my tunes, singing along, air boxing, acting crazy as hell because it makes me feel free and I am going to enjoy it whether you are watching or not. 
At Mile 11.5 I saw hubbs, he came by on his way to work to take my picture. I have to say it was nice to see him. I had to keep going so I did. Around 14 I had to pause Garmin and um, grow a tail. At that point I don't think I pulled up my pants right and my underarmor unders where a little rolled up in the back, I am sure those holes in my tail bone are from the rectangular tag on the outside of the shorts. I didn't feel that until the ice bath and shower, oh but I felt it then. OUCH. At 14 also I started to feel the same pulling on my good knee, not as severe but I could tell what that was. I stopped at the truck and put some bengay on that knee too and kept going. I have GOT to find a travel size for my race belt! Fantastic idea! At mile 17 I was tired. I stopped to walk at 17.35, scanning my mp3 player for something, the next song I pick it's Keri Hilson, Pretty Girl Rock, I actually stammered out loud "let's go Keri", at the end you really don't care if you look like a psycho, and you really don't know. I stretch after I was done, I had a hard time lifting my leg to the picnic table to stretch out my hamstrings, I almost lost my balance like a drunk lady. I went to the truck and just sat there for like 20 minutes while I texted my support group that I was ok, drank some water and ate a protein bar until I felt ready to drive like 2 miles to my house.
I greased my bra area but I guess it wasn't thick enough especially with all the strecting I did I got a nice burn under my boobs, I wish I was flat chested so I didn't have to wear a bra. But I totally have too, I don't get the mail with out tieing off the sisters.  So that's super fun.
I type all of this sitting on an ice pack because my left ass/hip area is sore, I am sick in the head because I love all of it. I was so thankful to be able to complete 18. To still be training, it's great. Its a great pain too, I am getting a massage tomorrow I really hope Nathan(my therapist) brings his A game because I am all knotted up. I have seen him twice now and he hurts me and then I feel better. I will be on the foam roller pretty much as long as I can stand it.  That stuff keeps me in the game, but that's the not so fun part. But so worth it all!
I still can't believe all of this. Don't even think for a second I forgot this is God's hand on me, I know it for sure.

Ruby Soho, Rancid
( I totally confess to run dancing to this)

No comments:

Post a Comment