Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hubbs

Tomorrow's 18. I am getting ready, I am getting excited to. I am tired of talking about the training, lets take a break and talk about hubbs.
Ryan, aka hubbs. We met on the internet. My call sign: Spamisgood. His call sign: RayFinkle21. I had never had spam before, and he was not 21. We became friends chatting. I was 16, he was 19. From close by we had never met before. I was allowed to meet him by my mom after a while, he came to our house to take me out. (this is nearly 15 years ago) He pulled up in the worst car I had ever seen, but he HAD a car. I watched him pick up his keys in the driveway, was he drunk? He showed up at my door wearing suede Vans, khaki cords, and a black t shirt with an enormous Tori Amos head on it. I saw him smile and it was all over, we were and instant couple.
A week later I remember riding beside him in that car hold his hand delirously in love. He leaned over "I love you honey". I gush, " I love you too". I totally meant it too, never been more sure of anything ever since. He asks, " Can I ask you something?" I reply, "anything.".With that same charming smile, "what's your last name?".
That was a real exchange of words, we laugh about it often. Sometimes the best things in our life are so simple and they don't have to be so studied and planned.We are a team and he's the greatest. We married 5 years after we met, we had a baby 5 years after that. now, our first baby is just about 4 and a half. We have 2 sons, 2 dogs, a hermit crab, a house...a family. Life is awesome.
I just want to take a moment to personally thank my husband for his love and support. His faith in me especially. I heard him tell the reporter months ago, "if there's anyone that can do it, it's her". When I called him to tell him what Dr. C said, he laughed out loud and said "that's great news!".  I love you so much. What ever happens tomorrow, I am still a lucky girl no matter what.

Our Wedding Song: Etta James, At Last

No comments:

Post a Comment