Monday, August 15, 2011

James 4:10

Today was a pretty bipolar run. I felt good great grand for 2 whole miles, not a twinge. Then my muscles/it band locked up, I limped, walked stretched then I shuffled on to complete 5 miles. I am soooo much slower than I was but If I am slow and steady I can continue comfortably.

The First 2 miles I smiled, I enjoyed, I rejoiced. Thank you lord. I so desperately wanted those 2 miles. at 2.1 ZINGH. Pain. despair. I have tried everything. The doctor said nothing to do but stop. What do I do? I don't want to go back home. I can't believe this. I continued on to walk for a mile, I stretched, and with a half a mile to the truck I decided I had had enough and I was running anyway, after all the doc said no permanent damage just pain. I started got the worst Zing, and actually grunted out loud UGGGGHHH, stopped for a walk in the turn and decided to shuffle to the truck and if my legs break then good. Slow and easy I felt a dull pull but not really a pain and I made it back to the truck and decided I would keep going. I got 5 total in,and I am still smiling. I wanted to keep going but I know I need to save my energy. The plan is 18 wednesday as a last ditched effort to continue. I am confident after I warm this up and suffer a mile or so I can tolerate. I am not doing anything crazy until then, just stretching and doing the pt exercises and the roller and ice and heat, oh yeah and one more thing Praying.
Yep Praying. I have always had faith in god. I have always known I am truely blessed. Sometimes I get so wrapped in my rut I forget who the true descion maker is. I came to realize this week, all I have left is my prayers and my faith. When a doctor says you will just have to deal with it if you want to keep going I looked to god. Turns out this whole thing (the world,life,everything) is here for a reason and so am I. This is teaching me. I posted my work out on Dailymile "prayer changes things" its just what stuck in my mind. As I flipped through Facebook this morning I saw James 4:10 posted: "Humble yourselves before the lord and he will lift you up". It certainly is true, I get the hint big guy.

I am smiling again. Smiling and so so grateful.

Jars of Clay, God Will Lift Up Your Head(going on the MFT playlist)

No comments:

Post a Comment